Sunday, December 16, 2012

ASA

Guess where we were? This is from our Hilton Ballpark motel window. Husband had an ASA meeting and I got to go along. G and G G. were here and stayed with the girls while we were gone.
Since his meetings did not start till the next day, we walked to the Gateway Arch and went up in it. The ride was built in the 60's and it had a very 60's industrial feeling to it. The view was really cool.



We were also close to the Old Courthouse and had a supper meeting over there one night. Neat old building. This is where the Dred Scott trial was held.



 








 I found this diner on the next block and had American fries and sides for breakfast/dinner there every day for the rest of the week. It was like stepping back in time to a place you knew well. When I went in the second day, the waitress met me with my iced tea like I was a regular. The food was authentic, greasy and great.

 



One day I went to Cherokee Antique Row and poked around in the antique stores. Love the old buildings and the long "shotgun" brick houses.


The rooftop bar on top of the hotel had great views and individual fireplaces for sitting around. Goodbye St. Louis. It was a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment