Sunday, May 22, 2011

Craft Update

Here is a roundup of recent crafts I have worked on this last month or so.



Baby booties and baby buggy mints, with color coordinated napkin flowers for our nieces baby shower. I had never made mints before, but they turned out fine.

A left-over picture of some of our Easter eggs.


This is a delightful project I just completed. One of my art class students, Tessie, designed her own stuffed octopus pattern (above), and asked me to make it up for her. I stitched it out of felt, and it turned out to be very cute.

Every piece worked as she drew them, except the bottom, which just had to be made slightly smaller.



I had my beading supplies out for several projects, and so I made a few earrings before I cleaned them up.


Wedding prep! A niece on the other side is getting married, and I have a few little projects to make for her. I did a batch of corsages and boutonnieres out of artificial flowers for their cake cutters, gift carriers, etc. I haven't been a florist for 25 plus years, but I find the skills never go out of style!

I designed these earrings (below) to go with a necklace for the bride, and a back necklace for the back of the dress (here modeled by L.) The back necklace will need to be reworked for the final look, but it is a neat idea.



And this week we congregated at G and G's to make mints for the wedding. (L to R-Aunt Shirley, Betty, Gaylin, Mother)

One batch was cocoa mints, which we had never seen before, but they were delicious, and worked perfectly with the bride's color scheme.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been crafting away by the look of your blog!! No wonder I haven't heard from you much!

    I loved!!! the back necklace. Where did you get the idea?

    How did you achieve the Easter egg effects?

    Love,
    Nancy (via e-mail)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I LOVE, love, love the back necklace ; )

    ReplyDelete