Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sea Shells by the Sea Shore

 When we were in FL, I was lucky enough to have lots of time to be on the beach. I can hardly walk along a beach for looking for shells. One never knows what one will find! I limited myself to unusual shells, or specific categories of shells. I still managed to drag home more shells than husband thought wise.
 I liked the shells that had worn away and began to look weathered. I also picked up lots of conch shell pieces.
 I was lucky enough to find this large full conch shell and this lovely smaller one, which was whole and new, and still had the little guy living in it. The large conch shell is quite weathered, and quite an impressive size, as you can see in the last picture. I  found it at low tide, farther out. I am tempted to try gilding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment