Monday, March 28, 2016

New Orleans

Husband and I spent a week in New Orleans while he went to soybean meetings and we attended the annual Commodity Classic. There were approximately 10,000 corn, bean, sorghum and wheat farmers there to see new technologies and learn the latest farming innovations.
I tried the beignets the first day. I had tea instead of the taditional chicory coffee, although I did try the coffee another night at a reception we attended.

 We stayed right on the river and enjoyed watching the boats go by. 
I enjoyed the French Quarter's age and architecture. The culture and style is very European. None of the French Quarter was flooded during Hurricane Katrina. It is the oldest part of town and is located at the highest area bordering the river.





Jackson Square faces the river and has the St Louis Cathedral in the center with old government buildings on each side of it.
 One of the government buildings is the Cabildo, where the Louisiana Purchase was signed.

 The St. Louis Cathedral is the oldest cathedral in North America.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post! Thanjs! I have never been there but geoff has a conference there next year... Wouldn't it be great if our husbands attended the same conferences? Let's ask them to do that, because I would go!

    ReplyDelete