Friday, October 29, 2010

Tweet Tweet


Our papier mache' birds are done! We took three weeks to form, cover and paint these great birds in my 4th and 5/6th grade homeschoool art classes. The bodies were shaped out of crumpled newspaper and masking tape for the basic bird form. We covered them in two layers of mache', then painted with acrylic. I took them home last week and added wire feet to the ones who wanted them, and decopaged them for sturdiness and a nice shiny finish. I would usually let the kids do the whole thing, but felt that we had spent enough time on them already. They turned out great, and the kids and parents all loved them. I loved them!


(Above) The birds in progress.
Little brown bird by Daughter M.



They were all really darling. I found this idea at http://thatartistwoman.blogspot.com/2010/09/paper-mache-birds.html

2 comments:

  1. They were all darling! Thanks for doing this. E is going to give his as a Xmas present for his older sister = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea. Did H's toe get better? Sorry that happened, and I forgot to ask on Fri. how it was! (Thanks for the comments!)

    ReplyDelete