Sunday, January 30, 2011

Drive



W. made me help her research and write another paper this week. It was about snakes. She sees her big sisters writing each week for classes, so she wants to too! We spent about 4 hours on Friday reading, note taking, revising, typing, and editing. When we get each paper finished she turns it in to Friend Nancy for correcting.

She is also writing and illustrating a picture book about a fox and a wolf who are friends and have various adventures. The last paper she coerced me into helping her write was about foxes. She is already talking about the next paper. It will be on horses.

Here is the Snake paper.

Snakes

There are 2700 kinds of snakes in the world. Snakes are one of my favorite animals!

Snakes have no legs. They can't see very well because they have scales over their eyes. They can never close their eyes. They smell with their tongues. They eat things like mice, rats, beetles and birds. Certain snakes eat snails. These snakes' mouths are made to take snails out of their shells.

Snakes are useful. People use their skins to make purses and belts. In China and Japan people eat snake meat. Snakes help farmers by eating pests.

Garter snakes eat frogs, fishes, salamanders and earth worms. Garter snakes live in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Central America. It is easy to know when you see a Garter snake because of the three stripes that run along its body.

Snakes are fun and useful. I'd like to have one as a pet...but my mom won't let me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job W. I like your report, but I don't like snakes. I probably would scream if Emma brought one home. I liked them when I was young and I brought one home once...which made my mother scream! :)

    ReplyDelete