Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Globe Ball

The girls put together this puzzle ball this week. I ordered it when I got a few new things for this semester.

Our old spinning globe died a few years ago, and I decided we needed a new one. Little did I know that globes are really hard to find now for a reasonable price. Used to be you could go to K-mart or Shopco, etc. and pick one up for $15 or $20. Not anymore. I finally found one at a teacher's store, but it was $40! Sounds a bit much to me. This globe is not very large, but it fills the bill and was fun to do. It comes with a small stand, and in three versions- easy, medium and hard. This is the medium one. I bought it at timberdoodle.com. I am keeping my eyes open for a vintage one on a rummage or at a thrift store. I'm sure I'll find one, but until then, this one will work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment