Friday, February 4, 2011

Flat Marble Magnets


We had our first day of second semester co-op today. My two classes and Friend Ana's 2 art classes made these flat marble magnets. We used magazine cut outs for the images. Daughter L. and M's are above.
My classes made theirs for Valentine's gifts.


This is a new glue I found, and it works great. We like that it flows well, but is not runny and it is clear. Great for all projects. When you are making these magnets and you want to use lettering, there is a trick you can use to cover unwanted portions of images. Outline the marble, cut out. From the same page, cut out a bit of the paper with the same background as the letter and glue it over the unwanted image. It will usually match so well that you cannot see the patch when you glue the marble on. After gluing the image onto the flat marble, glue the magnet on back. For more detailed instructions, see my earlier post under crafts.

2 comments:

  1. Jannell,
    Ethan was so excited about the magnets that he made for me for Valentine's Day that he gave them to me before we'd left the building on Friday! I XLOVEX them!! They are so adorable and he was so happy that he had something so cute to give to me. Thanks for such great projects= ). You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You are so sweet. I love my art classes!

    ReplyDelete