Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crocheting

M. has two friends who are twins, and each of them knitted (crocheted?) one glove for each of their friends for Christmas gifts. So fun! (Pix above)
W. and I were haunting the thrift stores a few weeks ago, and she chose a bag of purple yarn over a stuffed animal as her fun thing to buy. When we got home, she expressed interest in how to make things out of the yarn. I hunted up a crochet hook. (Yes, we had a couple, even thougn I don't crochet-this is the art house, after all.) My Grandma had shown me how to crochet one time eons ago, so I pulled up the memory and got her and M. started on a chain stitch, then we turned around and went back the other way, so we're crocheting.
We don't really know what we are doing, but we are having fun! We can always ask Daughter Mac for tips, she is a master crocheter. (above: blue yarn-M, pink yarn, W and I)

No comments:

Post a Comment