Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cakes and Beatles

Last week, D-I-L Mac competed in a cake decorating contest. She is a professional decorator at a local grocery store. She came in third. I am always shocked at the judging, because I think the quality of her work outshines the others in execution, creativity and appropriateness to the chosen category. My kids say I am prejudiced in her favor, but I really do carefully examine the other entries, and I do have some artistic training. Oh well, at least she gets to advance and gets a trip out of it for her and our son.
The category was sophisticated wedding cake, and the second cake was designer's choice. She has  quirky taste, and made this armadillo. Doesn't he look realistic?

Later in the same day, we attended Rain, a Beatles tribute concert with Son D. and Mac and her folks. It was a great concert and really fun to go out together. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cakes! The Amarillo airport has a huge metal armadillo sculpture outside of it- you dil got it spot on!

    ReplyDelete