Monday, May 11, 2009

Roasted Asparagus


Mother's Day dinner (lunch) at our house, with Husband's Mom, was beef roast, gravy, potatoes, carrots, fresh fruit salad, roasted asparagus, buns, milk, tea and chocolate/peanutbutter/Rice Krispie bars, followed by a nap. Perfect.

Here is the roasted asparagus recipe.
1 lb. asparagus
1/4 c. olive oil
salt
pepper

Trim tough ends of asparagus and place in oven-safe flat pan or casserole. Drizzle with oil. Salt and pepper liberally to taste. Toss and stir until evenly coated. Bake in 400 degree oven 8-10 min.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see this recipe! You have no idea how I have longed for aspargus... I remember when I came to your house and you all fed me that divine dinner :)

    -Annamarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come over when A. is home at the end of the month, and we will have another meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to but because of Prairie Repertory Theatre, I can't... :(

    ReplyDelete