Saturday, November 28, 2009

Stovetop Goulash

I thought this was already posted, but I guess not. This is a favorite. M. asks for it once a week, usually. The flavor is great, and I like it because you don't have to precook the noodles.

Stovetop Goulash
1 lb. ground beef
1 med onion, chopped
1 15oz. can tomato sauce, plus enough water to make 3 cups
(OR 3 cups tomato sauce)
1Tbsp. Worchestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard (or reg. mustard to taste)
1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar (to taste)
1 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
Brown beef and onion in skillet. Add rest of ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I will try and make it tonight. Silly me, I went out and bought Tomato Juice. Can you substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just use 3 c. of tomato juice instead.

    ReplyDelete