Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Best Quiche!



Believe it or not, I forgot to take a picture of this before we devoured it! This was the leftover half-piece. This is called My Best Quiche because it is the only quiche I have ever made. We all liked it. I had seen a bacon and spinich quiche recipe in a magazine, then couldn't find it after I had all the ingredients assembled. This recipe is cobbled together from several internet visits and my own instincts.

My Best Quiche

1 uncooked pie crust
1/2 lb. of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 lg. onion, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped or 1/8 tsp. dried, diced garlic
6-8 oz. fresh spinich (one bag)
4 large eggs
1 1/3 c. half and half
1 tsp. dried mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 c. shredded cheddar, divided

Line a deep dish pie pan or quiche pan with pie pastry. Brown bacon and reserve 2 Tbsp. bacon fat. Cook onion in fat 8 min. until transparent. Add garlic and spinich. Cover and steam 3-5 min., stirring once. Whisk eggs in bowl, blend in half and half, mustard and spices. Spread vegetable mixture in bottom of pie shell. Sprinkle 1/2 of each cheese and 1/2 of crumbled bacon over the vegetables. Gently ladle egg mixture over vegetables. Top with other half of cheeses and bacon. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 min. until firm and lightly browned. Let cool 10 min and serve, or serve cold. Serves 6.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! For my quiches I use the recipe from the internet called "Sudden Quiche" ...it is very easy. My friend Natalie asked for the recipe but said that she would have to call it "Egg Pie" at her house because her guys would not eat quiche (they say real men don't eat quiche, ya know:) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. K. tried to say that, but he added salsa on top. Son J. said sour cream was good on it too. Men!

    ReplyDelete