Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Georgetown


Georgetown is a cool shopping place, with lots of neat old buildings. Many of the shops are too upscale for me. I went into a couple of vintage/resale clothing stores, and the dresses, sweaters, etc. ran from $30 to $250. Not exactly Goodwill! Still, it's fun to look around.

I liked this building with the dome: Farmers and Mechanics Bank. What a great name! Also, note the Circulator bus-$1 gets you lots of places. Most large cities have these busses that have set tourist routes for a low price. There are lots of stops, but the price is right, and they can be very handy and reasonable if you are not in a hurry.
More cool old buildings all around. I did most of my shopping in stationary/paper stores, but did hit an indoor mall and succumbed to a 45 minute Asian pressure point massage for $40! SCORE!

A cool car for the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment