Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Folded Boxes






We made folded boxes to finish up our art classes last Friday. We made some that would hold our gilded clay leaves. I used a pattern found on-line and altered it a bit to make it fit the leaves correctly. I copied the box pattern out on card stock and had each student cut out and decorate their own. I pre-scored the fold lines, but showed the kids how to score and explained the advantages of scoring fold lines to them. I also showed them some tricks to make cutting easier. I have found that many kids are not very good at cutting, so some tips and practice can be good for them. When they were done decorating the boxes we folded and glued them together. This was a nice "filler" project to use up the time at the end of another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment