Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Thankful For You" Leaves


We made some more of the clay leaves and altered them a bit for Thanksgiving favors. I made the leaves in a smaller size and put a hole into the stem before cooking, then added a brown-paper note for each one.

To make the brown-paper notes, I ripped off a narrow strip of paper bag to give a ragged edge and used some slightly watered down gold paint sponged onto the edges to guild them. The words were printed on with a narrow black permanent marker. I punched a small hole into each tag with a wood skewer. I made the leaves and M. and W. helped me guild them the same way as the larger leaves in this earlier post. http://artteajannell.blogspot.com/2011/11/gilded-clay-leaves.html I used a thin, gold, stretchy thread to tie the tags to the leaves.

We made enough for each place at the Thanksgiving table. (About 35.)

2 comments:

  1. Saw your first post on this project and loved it! I planned to make some here but alas, jury duty has overtaken my life the past few weeks so I never got them done. Maybe next year! Thanks for the idea and instructions. They look absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. They were really fun and I thought they were a nice Thanksgiving sentiment.

    ReplyDelete