Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sanborn Stew

Well, really, it is just Cabbage and Hamburger. We called it Sanborn Stew because  years ago my big kids came home from our friend's house begging me to get the recipe for the great meal Mrs. Sanborn had made. So I called her up and she said, "Cabbage and Hamburger. Brown the hamburger. Chop the cabbage. Throw it in the hamburger with a little water and cover and simmer for about 10 min. Salt and pepper to taste." Our kids all love it and beg for me to make it. I am absolutely serious, as strange as it may sound. This is a favorite, quick meal around here.


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Can't believe our "Sanborn stew" made it on your blog! I must say we still like it and it is truly about the quickest, easiest meal to make. I usually make blueberry muffins to go with it. Glad your family likes it so well. (I certainly don't remember making it for your kids.) Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your recipes and the stories with them! Yum...I made this yesterday. Sauteed some onion and garlic in the skillet before adding the other two ingredients. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete