Friday, June 8, 2012

Say Yes to the Dress

L's friend Hannah had a brother get engaged this week, so weddings were on the girls' minds. During M's confirmation brunch, they got to talking about wedding dresses and they wondered if they could try on my wedding dress.

It fit pretty well. It was my mother's wedding dress. I had planned to have it altered before my wedding, but after I found my new veil (hers had disintegrated from age and poor packing) it looked fine, so we decided not to change it. The veil cost about $50 in 1981.


Here is a picture of my folks (and the dress) on their wedding day. I had to steal the image from my sister's blog because I can't locate my hard copy of it.

1 comment:

  1. By the looks of your blog you look busy. I enjoyed the wedding dress pics! How fun is that!
    Love,
    Lori, via e-mail

    ReplyDelete