Friday, March 22, 2013

Stillwater Spring Break


After visiting Marshall and Piper, the girls and I had a small "spring break" at my friend Karen's in Stillwater. We have known each other since 1979 and are always glad to see each other. Husband was in Washington, DC on soybean business.

Karen and her buddy Nancy and their gal pals let me tag along for Nancy's birthday supper at a jazz club in downtown Minneapolis. It was a great way to celebrate my birthday at the end of the same week. My girls enjoyed a tour of Karen and Doug's barn workshop and movies in their theater room.
We spent one day shopping and lunching in charming downtown Stillwater. We met Karen's mom for lunch, then we checked out a couple of knitting shops including Karen's "home" shop. What a cool place! M. plopped down and pulled out her knitting and made herself comfortable. Karen helped her start a new shawl with pretty green yarn that M. bought at the yarn store.




No comments:

Post a Comment