Friday, April 24, 2015

Brussels


The men had a full day of meetings in Brussels at the EU, so I had the day to look around! I did some walking by the hotel. 

Husband saw this neat modern building which incorporated old window frames on its glass face.
A strawberry crepe seemed like a great idea for breakfast, and it WAS! 
I cabbed it to a nearby shopping area. Lovely old buildings and cobbled streets.

I can't resist ornate doors and old churches.



Beautiful food. I did not try any of these, but I did have an afternoon snack of these:

I found an antique store. O Happy Day! Bought a few carefully selected small things to bring back.

I plan to make some kind of necklace with my antique Brussels buttons.
The bread is just stacked in a carrier like this and people grab one and carry it out after buying it. I saw one lady put her groceries in the hatch back of her car and throw her bread in afterwards. No wrapping and they all seem fine. Take note USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment