Thursday, June 16, 2011

Drama Crafting





I do not direct at drama camp, but have assisted for years. I have slid into the props and costume manufacturing role, which I enjoy greatly. (Top) Each year we try to take fresh flowers from our garden as a small "thank you" for the directors. This Japanese inspired arrangement was from my prolific orchid plant and went to the amazing organizer of the Drama Camp, Mrs. McL.


(Middle) This cute friend of W's was a tree in their play. I made her a headband and leaf "gloves" out of felt. I also made flowers and birds for her outfit.

(Bottom) Felt worked great for the mustaches for this play with a Charlie Chaplin, Shakespeare, and Dudley characters. I made Shakespeare's "lace" collar and sleeves sewn to the coat. I also made some alien antennae out of green felt and gold chopsticks for another play.

No comments:

Post a Comment