Sunday, June 19, 2011

Washington DC

Husband filled in for another boardmember at the Natl. Biodiesel meeting in Wash DC. this week. It was a bit last minute, but I was able to go along! While he was in meetings, I explored a new part of the area I had not been to before. I took the subway to Main St. in Alexandria VA, and hopped a trolley that carried me a dozen or so blocks to the other end at the river.
Cobblestone streets, and cool old buildings. Had my first Ben and Jerry's ice cream cone at this shop that was blowing bubbles out of a window. (Butter pecan-I like Cold Stone better.)


At the water front is great scenery and a cool art place called The Torpedo Factory Art Center. It used to be a real torpedo factory, and now it has three floors of artist's studios. Yippee!

Real torpedoes! I spent several happy hours wandering from shop to shop admiring things and picking up inspiration.


After I left the Torpedo Factory, I wandered back up Main and shopped antiques and second-hand stores. I stopped into this great burger place with amazing fries-cut fresh and cooked to perfection. The fries were about $2.50 and there was a whole lunch sack full of them! The burger had two patties. Oh my. If you ever see a "Five Guys" burger shop, you want to stop.


Then I hopped the Metro back to the motel to get ready for a Biodiesel reception with Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment