Thursday, November 29, 2012

Saint Nicholas

Saint Nicholas is a saint that both Catholic and Protestant Christians are familiar with. As the real "Santa Claus," he is a well known historical and spiritual person. I saw a beautiful St. Nicholas illustration at The St. Nicholas Center site that inspired me to develop a St. Nicholas drawing tutorial for my art classes.




 



Firat we did a directed drawing. They could choose green or black paper and we used oil pastels to draw over the main pencil drawing.  I had them color in heavily and when done, outline with black. The kids did a great job. I was so pleased with their results I had to post them all. These should be nice pictures for their parents to display for the Christmas season.
 


1 comment:

  1. Love these! Happy St. Nicholas day! I will post a link to this on Facebook today.

    ReplyDelete