Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dance Flowers






Today was the last day for dance classes this year, except for the recital in another week. We took some peony and lilac tea cup arrangements for the teachers. I often pick up tea cups at thrifts and rummages to use for arrangements. They make fun gifts. L and M made them up and added a little hanging "Thank You" tag to each one.

We used a florist's trick to help with the arranging. (I used to be a florist.) Use clear tape to make a grid across the top of your container. The flowers and greens will stay upright and in place so much better. Florists have special tape for this, but good old cellophane works fine. Leave the ends kind of long, be sure the cup (container) is dry before taping, and rub ends down tightly to the edge to the cup.

2 comments:

  1. Great tip! I was never a florist so when I shop at a flower shop I always ask them if they have the best job in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a bad job-all those beautiful flowers- but it is not very good pay, and at holidays it can be around-the-clock work for a few days. I did love wedding work especially.

    ReplyDelete