Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary


Today is our 29th anniversary. I am glad every day that I married him. It is also his brother and sister-in-law's 35 anniversary. They are the ones we farm in partnership with. I think it is an interesting story that 5 out of 6 of Husband's siblings married their high school sweethearts, and those five have now been married a total of 160 years, this year. (If I figured right.) Karen and Dave-28, Us-29, Brian and Dena-30, Glenn and Gaylin-35 and Alan and Pat-39. That means we have all known each other for over 30 years, since we all 10 went to the same high school. Some of us have known each other since grade school. My husband's family is one of the great blessings of our life, and we love and value them all. It only seems to be more so as we grow older (and wiser?) What do you think, do these people look like they could be grandparents?

2 comments:

  1. "Hapy Anniversary!! good pic on the blog!! I liked the family info too!!"
    Andrea, via Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jannell:

    I have so enjoyed your blog. The write up on your anniversaries was interesting and I copied that off for your section of my genealogy book. Thank you for letting me "watch" your family activities.

    I don't know how you do all that you do. With the children's activities and all your other work. I remember being young and had energy to do so much more than I do now.

    I made rhubarb jam today, and it took me the greater part of the day. Didn't get much more done, but my family love that jam, so it is a labor of love.

    God bless you and your family,
    Shirley (via e-mail)

    ReplyDelete