Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More Gorgeous Yard Flowers







The peonies are out and gorgeous. Our white ones were here when we moved in some 12 years ago. They had to be relocated when we added on to the house, and this year they are frilly, soft and HUGE--like flower pillow clouds. The pink ones are much smaller and tighter, and were planted in just the past few years. They have fainter, sweeter odor than the white ones. Lovely! This year I planted some new red peonies. Can't wait to see them bloom in the years to come! I LOVE the "old time" flowers. They remind me of my childhood and of my Grandma G. who lived just 1 and 1/2 miles across the pasture.

The other flowers: pansies on the back porch, orange poppies (planted by the former landowners and enjoyed every year) and new burgundy tiger lilies planted this year along the east side of the house, near the pink clematis vine. (Pictures by Daughter L.)

2 comments:

  1. Mine are still closed tight!
    How many miles am I north of you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking 12-15 mi. max. It's probably where they're located in relation to buildings, sun, drainage, etc. ; )

    ReplyDelete