Sunday, June 14, 2009

Banners


We made mini-banners for a Sunday School class today. My friend Nancy makes banners in her home school quite often, and I used theirs for inspiration.

I did not want to mess with the traditional loops and rods for hanging these, and knew that a string from corner to corner would not hang right. I saw an old cereal box and cut out strips and punched a hole in the middle. Glued to the back, the strip supports the top edge and provides a frugal hanger. I found that using the sticky peel-off felt made this project much easier to complete in a short class period. The letters are peel and stick, also.

L to R: Daughter M's project and Daughter W's project. (She had to alter her design.)

2 comments:

  1. What a treasure to have all these wonderful women as your friends AND your family. By the way, you look beautiful in this picture J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love you for your good taste!!!!! : )

    We hope to do this several times a year.

    ReplyDelete