Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Art Detritus



I cleaned out the markers, colors and colored pencils. I do this every once in awhile. I have to admit, I think it's kind of fun, trolling through the colors. We get a little overrun, and everything gets a bit thrown together when we pick up the house. The girls color most days while I do our read alouds. (See earlier post for coloring book recommendations, or go to Dover Publications or Ruth Heller.)
I realized my relationship with color might be a little odd when I was cleaning up the markers at Grandma's one day. My brother-in-law commented that I was very organized, because I was sorting them by reds, oranges, blues, etc. This is how we do it at our house: when 3 kids are coloring, it helps to be able to ask for the "reds" or the "yellows." Also, in this art house, the Mom likes to buy every avaliable variation of marker so there are various shades of each color to use. Besides, they look cool in the boxes!
My life is pretty much art, books and tea, with a heavy overlay of family and friends and a nice sturdy base of God to steady and balance it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment