Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentines

Of course I have been thinking about Valentine's Day. I thought it would be fun to try to do something with the book cut outs in a Valentine theme. First I tried a heart silhouette. That worked pretty well. I drilled a couple of holes  in the edge line and inserted the blade so I could cut out the heart.
I decided it would be fun to have a surprise spot inside to put a little gift or note. I used a heart punch to punch out an area in one inside corner. It had to go upside down because of how the punch was oriented.  A small gift hidden inside and a pretty bow tied around the outside to keep it closed would make this a fun Valentine. I just looked for red book covers, but paying attention to book title could be especially fun, too.

The cut out centers can be used for crafting too. I glued the larger ones together so they fanned out. I cut them down a bit so they could be suspended inside the cut-out hole or they could be used as a bow or decoration.
The little hearts were pretty the way they were, but I wanted to try making a honeycomb decoration with them. It worked! The honeycomb tutorial came from one of my favorite blogs, Skip To My Lou.



There was one more heart design I tried on a fat paperback. I bought this book for the luxurious red cover. I should probably apologize to the author for cutting her book, but it did not look like a book I would read anyway. I kind of like this design too.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't leave comments on all of the great posts you have created (I was looking for a picture to hijack ; )but wanted to let you know how much I LOVE your blog! It's so fun knowing you and having you as a friend. You are so talented ; )!! Kuddos to Nancy for talking you into blogging - she is so wise!
    Lisa via FB

    ReplyDelete