Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eggs





Last Saturday, Daughter M. and I took an Ukranian Egg decorating class offered by our homeschool group. As I do Pysanky (Ukranian Eggs) myself, I went along to assist and picked up some great tips. I have been self-educated, and don't meet a lot of Pysanky artists, so have gleaned all my education on-line or from books.

This week we have kept out the egg supplies and are blowing eggs in preparation for some Easter projects at church and co-op, so it has been easy to try our hand at a few designs. The first two pictures are a couple of eggs I "whipped out." Eggs in the third picture are by Daughter M. The one in quarters is the one she made at the class. The other four she made here in the last couple of days. The fourth picture has one black Pysanky egg, done by Daughter L. The other 4 eggs are decoupaged by Daughter W. who is still a little young to participate with permanent dyes, melted wax and flame.

The best Pysanky resource in America is the Ukranian Gift shop in Mpls, Mn. Ukraniangiftshop.com. Several years ago I received their beginners kit for my birthday (from Husband) and I have made many eggs since. Their catalog is amazing and lovely to look at. Well worth ordering.

No comments:

Post a Comment