Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shared Birthdays



Because my birthday is one day after my dad's, we have lots of pictures of us together. This one must have been sometime in the early 80's, when I was first married. ( I remember the dress and the Sara Palin hair.)

Here is the story of my birth: Mom wanted to have this their second baby on Dad's birthday, so she was sorely disappointed to wake up the day after and still be pregnant. Dad said she might as well get up. She said she wasn't getting up "until she had this baby!" When she did get up, her water broke. She had no pains, but the doctor made her come to the hospital anyway. When she got to the hospital, the nurse said she would have to do a check. Mom replied that since she had not had any pains, it would be useless to check her. The nurse insisted, then gasped, "Mrs. G! You're going to have this baby right now!" Which she did, sans any pains.

So the truth is that my mom never had a pain during her labor with me, and since she always insisted she never felt better than when she was pregnant, I have only ever been a blessing to her! Ask her, she'll tell you! (My husband thinks this story is enough to gag anyone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment