Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last Call for Christmas


Today I found a stray star from our Christmas decorations. I made these stars with my co-op classes, using old Christmas cards. We glued and glittered the ribs of the stars and punched a hole in one point for a loop.

While planning this craft last December, I ran across some old music at the Goodwill store, and decided to do our tree in whites, tans and golds, with lots of "antique " music stars. It tuned out to be a lot of fun and pretty.

Here is the process:

If your music is very old and brittle, you may have to strengthen the paper before folding, or it will break on the fold lines. I painted one side of the music sheet with Modge Podge, and let it dry, before cutting and folding.

I found a great tutorial for cutting five pointed stars at dltk-kids.com under Fold and Cut Star Shapes. There are other sites where you could find instructions, too. They were using their stars for a 4th of July project.

Vary the paper size for a variety of star sizes. Pretty, fun and economical!

No comments:

Post a Comment