Friday, March 27, 2009

Quickie Sewing

Daughter M. (9) likes to sew, and is getting pretty good at it. She has hand sewn a double layered doll blanket, done some cross stitch and sewn some on the sewing machine. Last week she wanted a hand stiching project to do while listening to taped books. As it was my resting time too, I looked for something "quick" for her needs. My eye fell on sacks of clothes destined for "give away". I rummaged through and pulled out an old kids long underwear shirt. We cut it off under the arms, turned it inside out, and she hand stitched the cut edges together. Turned it right side out again and...Wha-lah! A small pillow case or doll sleeping bag! Fun! Lots of possibilities here...

That reminds me, Daughter A., who is in massage school this year, used to make Barbie clothes out of old socks. Works great. Cut the ribbed sock leg to length and cut a couple of arm holes. Dress Barbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment